global gateway program


Your New Home

All undergraduates at UVM live on campus for the first two years of study. International students in the Global Gateway Program live in a supportive community at Marsh-Austin-Tupper (MAT) residential halls.

Graduate students in the Pre-Masters Program live off-campus at Spinner Place apartments. Located near to downtown Burlington, Spinner Place combines the freedom of off-campus living with easy access to UVM campus.

Visit our fees page to find a full list of accommodation costs.

On-campus Undergraduate Housing

MAT provides safe and welcoming residential halls for Year 1 and Year 2 students. Living in the heart of UVM campus, undergraduates can look forward to comfortable accommodation, on-site facilities and a vibrant campus life.

Your Own Space 

You’ll have a private space in a shared room. A bed, desk, and dresser are provided, and you and your roommate will both have a key to lock the door. All MAT students also have access to a password-enabled mailbox for receiving parcels and mail.

A Comfortable Place to Relax

MAT’s community lounge has comfortable couches and a gas fireplace. The multipurpose room provides a quiet place to study or host community events with other MAT students. All students have access to the shared kitchen with two ovens, two stoves, a sink, and a refrigerator.

Your safety is a top priority. That is why MAT buildings can only be accessed with the secure key cards issued to you and other residents of MAT.

After Year 2

During years 3 and 4 of your undergraduate degree, you can continue living on-campus or move to off-campus housing. If you’d like to stay on campus, you can choose between a two-person residence hall room, or suite-style housing.

If you'd prefer to live off-campus you can rent a one-bedroom studio or share an apartment with other students.

Graduate Off-Campus Housing

Master's International Year students live in fully-furnished, off-campus apartments at Spinner Place. Apartments are available for two or four people, and your roommates are carefully selected using our matching service. Spinner Place is located next to downtown Burlington in Winooski. From here you can easily explore Burlington with shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues all just a short walk away. The UVM campus is 2.5km away by bus, bicycle or on foot. Students receive free bus transportation with their UVM IDs.

Student Johan at the University of Vermont

"I chose to study in the USA because an international degree gives you a lot more opportunities, and I wanted to study abroad and not do what every other engineering student in Norway does. UVM has an incredible engineering program and a super cool campus."

Johan from Norway
Studied Mechanical Engineering

University of Vermont

Campus Life

Find out what it's like to live and study at UVM.


Discover Burlington for culture, cuisine, and the great outdoors.