Global Gateway Program

Application documents for US university admission

International student admission

Apply for a degree at of the top 100 universities in USA

Application documents for US university admissions

The most important part of your application to the University of Vermont is the documents you send when you submit the application form. These documents are the supporting evidence of your eligibility for Global Gateway degree pathway admission.

Documents required for a complete Global Gateway Program application

  • Completed application form
  • Proof of English language proficiency by one of the following:
    - TOEFL score report
    - IELTS score report
    - Password English test*

* The Password English language test is free, but must be taken at a Study Group or representative's office. Ask about your nearest location (there are offices worldwide) for taking the free Password English test.

  • Passport (scan of photo identification pages)
  • Copy of current I-20, I-94 card and visa (if already in the US)
  • Certified copy of high school graduation certificate (if available at time of application)
  • Full transcripts of all your relevant academic qualifications:
    • Certified copies of your secondary education transcripts showing the final 3 or 4 years (including 9th grade)
    • A school's seal or principal's signature must appear on the copy
    • Certified, sealed originals are required on arrival at the University, unless official hard copies are requested during the application process
  • Student essay (see guidance on right/below)
  • Anything else that will support your application (sports, clubs, hobbies, etc).
Admission is at the discretion of the designated academic department. Some departments may request additional information during their review process.

Further documents required following an offer of admission:

If currently studying in the USA, you must also submit:

  • I-20 transfer-in form
  • copy of visa and I-94 card for any dependents (spouse and/or children)

How to send your documents


If any documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an official English translation. The English translation should be certified by a translation agency.

Documents to be sent electronically

Send all supporting documents electronically as PDF or .jpg attachments:

  • through the secure upload link provided by email after you submit your application form

Documents to be mailed

Use our mailing address only if we request that you send your certified original hard-copy transcripts:

UVM Global Gateway Program Admissions
Office of Admissions
194 S. Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05401, USA