About the Global Gateway Program at University of Vermont
The Global Gateway Center is a dedicated facility for international students on the University campus. Offering pathways to a US University degree, it is designed to help international students adjust to the US University system and thrive at the University of Vermont.
Degree pathways for international students
At the Global Gateway Program, students receive English language support and academic courses taught by University of Vermont faculty. The program also offers help with cultural adjustment and developing effective study skills, and provides the support services international students need when they study away from home.
GLOBAL GATEWAY PROGRAM staff and services
Under the guidance of the Associate Center Director, the Global Gateway Program offers international students:
- Pre-application counseling from our Student Enrollment Advisors
- Admissions Manager to help with all aspects of your application, placement and records
- Pre-arrival services - we organize all the practical details for you, including your accommodation and meal plan, insurance arrangements, and airport transfer
- New student orientation providing information to adjust to life in the US
- Advising sessions throughout the Global Gateway Program
- Student Success Manager to ensure you get the most out of university in the USA
Once you are on campus, the Student Success Manager is your first point of contact for many questions, and a source of valuable advice. Contact them if you:
- Have general questions about life in the USA and Vermont, or where to buy things, etc
- Wish to speak about personal problems and do not know who to go to
- Have a question about your fees, payment of fees, or refunds
- Are experiencing problems with your visa or visa renewal
- Would like information about something at the university
- Have an issue with your housing and need to know who to speak with
Global Gateway Center facilities
The Global Gateway Center, as well as student accommodation, will be located in the Marsh Austin Tupper (MAT) building. The MAT public space has been recently renovated, featuring floor to ceiling views of the Green Mountains, fireplaces, bright classrooms and event spaces that are for use by students. The Global Gateway Center includes:
- Capacity for over 100 international students
- Dedicated classrooms for English language preparation
- State-of-the-art interactive whiteboards
- Teacher and administrative offices
- Conference rooms and break-out room
Location on campus
The Global Gateway Center is located in the Athletic Campus area of the University of Vermont, in very close proximity to housing and dining facilities. See a campus map.
From the Global Gateway Center, students are a short walk or bus ride to Central Campus, where they will find classrooms, research labs, lecture halls, the university library and student center. Students are also very close to athletic and sports facilities, including the Patrick Gymnasium and Gutterson Fieldhouse, home to the Vermont Catamounts sport teams.
Ample transportation around the University of Vermont is available. The University CATS (Campus Area Transportation System) provides several stops for students across all University campus areas, including just outside the International Study Center doors.
Global Gateway Program mission
Study Group's Global Gateway Program is committed to providing our students with the skills, knowledge, and perspectives needed to take maximum advantage of the unlimited opportunities for success and achievement offered by a global education through strong university partnerships.