Students and graduates of the Global Gateway Program (GGP) addressed current students on 9 November. The 11 student mentors were invited by their UVM professor, Diana Popa, to participate as 'Voices of Success'.
Of the 11 student speakers, two are graduate GGP students now completing their Master of Arts at UVM, three are GPP graduates, and six are current GGP students now in their second term.
More than 40 GGP students enrolled in the first semester of the two- or three-term program attended this motivational event. The speakers' addresses covered:
- Choosing your major: what are you passionate about?
- Getting involved on campus and in the community
- Managing time for success
- Personal experiences on the way to success
- Finding your motivation
- Personal stories of resilience
- Characteristics of successful people (hard work, persistence, etc.)
- Overcoming challenges to success
- The role of courage in success
The University of Vermont Global Gateway Program for undergraduate study is a one, two, or three-term pathway to prepare students for an undergraduate degree at UVM.